|Use Effect||Restore 500 HP to one ally|
|When Usable||Battle or field|
A Vial (ヒールドロップ, Heal Drop?) is a consumable item in the Golden Sun series. Like with most consumable items, each party member can hold up to thirty vials in an inventory slot. When used, a vial restores 500 Hit Points to a single party member. Vials can be bought for 500 coins and sold for 375 coins.
Golden Sun Vials
The Lost Age Vials
Vials are dropped by Raging Rocks, Rocs, Golems, and Macetails. Also, the King Scorpion and the Aqua Hydra (the bosses of Yampi Desert and Piers' boat, respectively), as well as Briggs, are all guaranteed to drop vials upon defeat.
You can also find Vials in the following locations:
- In a chest, near the very beginning of the interior of Air's Rock
- Again in Air's Rock, in a chest, once you've come out the door marked with 5 dots
- Along the climb up Air's Rock (exterior), inside a chest (requires Frost psynergy to access, and therefore you must have Piers in your party)
- In a chest in the Ankohl Ruins
- In a chest in the interior of Aqua Rock
- In a chest in Tundaria Tower
Dark Dawn Vials
Vials can also be found in the following locations:
- Among the supplies in Ayuthay's kitchen is a vial contained in a chest. However, the chest is submerged and cannot be reached so long as the Alchemy Well is flowing.
- In the northeast corner of Passaj is a room with a couple of treasure chests. Players cannot access this room until after retrieving the Sol Mask and restarting the Alchemy Forge. In addition to the obvious treasures, the right-most jar in the room holds a vial.
- Another vial rests in a chest in the North Wall Shrine, tucked away in the northwest corner of the Khiren Glacier. To reach the vial, Fireball must be used to melt an ice pillar. Doing so prevents access to the Moloch summon tablet, however, so Cold Snap must be used to restore the ice pillar.
- A pile of wooden crates is located at the left-hand end of the entrance hall to Belinsk's Opera House. A vial can be found within.
Although they are not so powerful as potions, a limitless supply of vials can be purchased from item vendors, making them common items in players' inventories near the end of the game. The exception is the original Golden Sun, where vials don't appear in stores, giving the position of end-game healing item to nuts. Although vials can be won as monster drops or by playing Lucky Wheels in Tolbi, so could the vastly superior potions, effectively making vials obsolete.
The usefulness of vials depends on the player's combat style. Herbs are invaluable early in the games, while Djinn are rare and Psynergy Points are a valuable commodity. But by the time vials come available, players will have an abundance of PP for healing spells like Cure and Wish, and will probably have acquired some healing Djinn like Breath or Flower. Therefore, vials are more valuable to players who prefer using Psynergy for offense and keep Djinn set to improve their classes. On the other hand, players who unleash Djinn often or who conserve Psynergy for healing may find vials (and other healing items) a waste of inventory space and would be better off spending money on armor. But even these players may find having vials on hand useful if their designated healer is taken down or Psynergy sealed.
|Lucky Wheel prizes|
|Hearts||Nut • Vial • Potion|
|Stars||Elixir • Psy Crystal • Water of Life|
|Boots||Fur Boots • Hyper Boots • Quick Boots|
|Shirts||Mythril Shirt • Running Shirt • Silk Shirt|
|Rings||Adept Ring • Sleep Ring • War Ring|
|See also||Game Tickets • Tolbi • Contigo|
|HP-restoring||Herb • Rice Ration • Corn • Kaocho Dumpling • Plump Dumpling • Nut • Vial • Potion • Mist Potion|
|PP-restoring||Khiren Water • Ginseng • Psy Crystal|
|Status-restoring||Antidote • Dried Lizard • Elixir • Water of Life|
|Offensive||Bramble Seed • Crystal Powder • Gunpowder Bomb • Illusion Perfume • Oil Drop • Psy Grenade • Sleep Bomb • Smoke Bomb • Spark Shuriken • Weasel's Claw|
|Stat-boosting||Apple • Cookie • Hard Nut • Lucky Pepper • Mint • Power Bread|
|Forgeable||Dark Matter • Dragon Skin • Golem Core • Mythril Silver • Orihalcon • Quality Zol • Salamander Tail • Star Dust • Sylph Feather • Tear Stone|
|Misc.||Dream Leaf • Game Ticket • Lucky Medal • Sacred Feather|