Attack is the statistic that affects how much damage an Adept does in battle. The Attack stat is primarily used to determine how much damage is dealt by a physical attack (including critical hits and Unleashes), but it also affects the strength of certain Psynergies, such as Ragnarok and Diamond Dust, as well as all offensive Djinn. Obviously, a higher Attack rating means these attacks do more damage. The highest possible attack rating an Adept can have is 999 in the first two games, and 1999 in Dark Dawn.
An Adept's Attack is determined by their level, class, and by which weapons and various other items such as certain armor, crowns, and rings, you currently have equipped. In battle you can temporarily increase your Attack by using Psynergy, but at the same time your Attack can be temporarily dropped by an enemy's Psynergy or Enemy Abilities.
Ways to increase Attack[edit | edit source]
Permanent increases[edit | edit source]
You may permanently raise your Attack in one of the following ways:
- Gain a level through battling.
- Use an Apple.
- Set a Djinni that increases attack.
- Equip any weapon and some clothing.
- Change your Character class.
Temporary increases[edit | edit source]
- Certain Psynergies: Impact Psynergy series and Demon Spear Psynergy series.
- Certain Djinn: Forge and Kindle.
- The Megaera summon.
Ways to decrease Attack[edit | edit source]
Permanent decreases[edit | edit source]
There are no known ways to permanently decrease attack, but such an effect would be undesirable anyway.
Temporary decreases[edit | edit source]
- Some weapons' unleashes will lower an enemy's Attack: Arctic Blade, Salamander Rod, Shamshir, and Storm Brand.
- Some Djinn lower an enemy's Attack: Gel and Sleet.
- The Sanan Dress.
- The Eclipse Summon.
- The Dull Psynergy series and Sword Card.
- Certain Enemy Abilities have a chance of lowering attack: Freebite Rush, Decompose, Heartrender, and Heat Kiss.
It should be noted that the Break Psynergy will remove any temporary increases to attack.