A character of Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
|Body armor||Clothing, Robes (limited)|
|Head armor||Hats, Crowns, Circlets (limited)|
|Japanese name||ステラ Stella|
Sveta (ステラ Stella) is a playable character of Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. She is a Jupiter Adept and is the first playable demi-human in the Golden Sun series. Excelling in the 5 senses, she can read the minds of her company (Spirit Sense, which is similar to Ivan and Sheba's Mind Read) and sense unique smells, and is able to use visualized Psynergy. In fact, her Track Psynergy can make the aromas she smells visible. She is also one of the most important characters in the game, rivaling Karis and Tyrell in importance.
As a playable character
In Dark Dawn, Sveta joins the party as the party's second Jupiter Adept. Unlike the other three playable Jupiter Adepts, she is not a pure support-style Adept. Instead, Sveta boasts potent offensive, healing Psynergy, and good base stats, and is the only playable character that cannot truly be classified as a Warrior or Mage. While her base class, the Beastling class series, is closer to a Mage-class in overall setup, she also gains the unique Venus-based Scrapper class series, which is more warrior oriented. She also has her own unique weapons, Fists and Claws.
In battle, Sveta's physical attacks takes the form of punches and kicks as opposed to weapon-strikes. Sveta lacks the ability to equip most Defensive gear that is exclusive to Warriors or Mages, instead equipping general gear like clothing and gloves. Despite this limitation, she is capable of equipping female exclusive mage gear however. As a beastman, Sveta is the only playable character able to equip the Umbra Gear.
However, Sveta is most noteworthy for her ability to transform into a beast using her unique Beastform Psynergy. This transformation changes her class to the Wild Animal class series, which gives her incredible stat boosts. In this form, her Psynergy set alters and becomes themed toward physical moves, like improved physical attacks and the ability to defend the whole party at once, at the cost of the ability to use Djinn. For the duration of the transformation, she can easily inflict hundreds (or thousands) of damage points per turn, while staving off even the strongest bosses. She reverts to her regular form when she is downed, when she stays in beast form for a number of turns equal to her number of Set Djinn, or when the battle ends. For each turn she stays in her beast form, one of her Djinn is put into Recover. Without transforming, Sveta has more or less average statuses with a durable PP pool, high attack and third highest agility (beaten by Karis and Himi).
Besides her offensive arsenal, she also possesses several unique Support and Utility Psynergies. Sveta's Spirit Sense functions similarly to Mind Read, but can also be used to communicate with the dead, via a corpse or gravestone. She also has the Track Psynergy, which allows Sveta to make scents visible. As a beastman, Sveta can naturally use Slap, a Psynergy used to slap sleeping people and the big red nose of clown statues to reveal doors. Non-beastmen require the Slap Glove to emulate the effect. Sveta also has the first Jupiter-based single target healing series, the Boon Psynergy series.
Interestingly enough, Sveta is the first Jupiter adept to not to have a support-based psynergy pool. Instead of support-based psynergy like Impact and Resist, Sveta has more offensive psynergy, along with some healing psynergy.
Sveta joins the group in Teppe Ruins at Level 22 before leaving for some time. She later rejoins in Belinsk Ruins at a higher level; her level when she rejoins seems to vary depending on how much experience was gained while she was absent. She also comes with 5 Jupiter Djinn: Fleet, Waft, Bolt, Breeze, and Haze. When set, Sveta's default class will automatically be upgraded to Shapeshifter. Her starting equipment includes: Brass Knuckles, Silver Vest, Gauntlets, and a Mail Cap. She also comes with a Herb and a Dried Lizard.
Sveta has the honor of being the only team member in all three games who can be seen visibly walking around with the leader on screen outside of cutscenes during the events of the Apollo Sanctum.
In terms of base stats, Sveta fulfills, similar to Jenna in the previous games, the role of an character with average-to-above-average statistics. She has good innate HP although it's slightly less HP than Matthew, Tyrell, Amiti and Eoleo have, but she still rivals them when at the top-tier, Prime Beast, of her Mono-elemental class. Her slightly above-average PP pool provides plenty reserves for her role as a emergency healer with her Boon Psynergy and wide-range offense caster, but is also slightly lower than Karis', Rief's and Himi's PP growth. She has slightly higher agility than Matthew and shares his Luck rating of 3, which is 1 point less than fellow Jupiter Adept Karis has.
Compared to fellow Jupiter Adept Karis, Sveta has much more HP and attack but less agility and PP.
Sveta has the following classes available to her:
- Mono-Elemental: Beastling class series
- Dual-Elemental (Full): Hermit class series, Pilgrim (Jupiter) class series, Scrapper class series
- Dual-Elemental (Partial): Apprentice class series, Page class series
- Tri-Elemental (Full): Ranger class series, White Mage class series, Medium class series
- Tri-Elemental (Partial): Ninja class series
- Psynergy-Dependent: Wild Animal class series
It should be noted that while Sveta has access to as wide a range of classes as any other character, only the Beastling Mono-Element class and Scrapper Dual-Element class will possess the necessary Djinn setups to allow her to advance along and take full advantage of the Wild Animal class. Plan accordingly should you choose to take advantage of this perk.
Sveta has green eyes and long lavender-colored hair, which is usually braided. As a member of the race of beastmen, Sveta has several animal-like characteristics, such as larger ears, a muzzle, and long, sharp fingernails and toenails which resemble claws and are useful in combat. Sveta's outfit consists of a coat, shirt and leggings in shades of yellow, red, pink, and blue.
When in Beastform, Sveta resembles a large, purple, werewolf-like creature. She retains her braids, which are the same color as her fur, as well as most of her standard outfit.
Sveta is a shy individual, as evidenced by her first appearance, where she hides from Matthew's group before meeting and assisting them. She appears to be a bit naive, as, like Matthew's group, her good nature is manipulated for nefarious purposes. While Sveta possesses the ability to read minds, she is shown to despise the ability, though she will use it when necessary. While a member of Morgal's royal family, she never appears spoiled or unsatisfied. On the contrary, she is shown to carry a heavy sense of responsibility for Morgal's citizens. Sveta initially hides much of the truth of her identity, but later apologizes for misleading the group and shows that she cares deeply for her friends. Later, she makes the courageous decision to sacrifice herself for the good of everyone, despite having little strength left and after learning of her brother's fate.
In Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
Sveta is a member of Morgal's royal family, being the daughter of Morgal's first king. Little of her specific past is revealed, however, it is known that she lost both of her parents following Sana's subjugation of Morgal. After the Morgal Revolution, Sveta's older brother, Volechek, who had led the revolution, became king, with Sveta being the last member of the line. By the time of Dark Dawn, it is stated that she has been away from Morgal for an unspecified period of time, with the exact reasons for her travel remaining unknown.
Matthew's party first encounters Sveta as a shadowy figure in Te Rya Village as she lures them into the Teppe Ruins and confronts them there. The Adepts are initially wary of her, particularly after she displays her ability to read minds. By offering to be their guide to the country of Morgal, however, she gets the party to help her deliver Hou Ju's bag to Ryu Kou, who was in Te Rya at the time. After the Adepts return, as well as throughout the Teppe Ruins, Sveta demonstrates her unique Jupiter-abilities, which allow the group to progress through the dilapidated ruins.
After guiding the party through the Teppe Ruins, Sveta learns of the party's intention to travel to Belinsk to meet Kraden. She reveals that Kraden's initial route from neighboring Bilibin had been closed due to tensions between the two nations, though the claims that she knows nothing of current politics due to being away for a time. She soon realizes of the Adepts' intention to find a feather from a Mountain Roc. Though they ask Sveta for information, she reveals that the Roc is considered divine. Suddenly claiming that she cannot assist them further, Sveta then leaves the party, offering to join them when she hears a signal - the playing of the Arangoa Prelude by the band in Belinsk. At some point after she leaves the party, she meets with Ryu Kou, and gives them the Slap Glove. The Slap Glove is vital to Matthew's quest for the Mountain Roc, and so she instructs Ryu Kou to meet Matthew's party near the Roc's nesting point.
After defeating the Roc, the party returns to Belinsk, and signal Sveta. Arangoa Prelude allows Sveta to communicate telepathically with the group. Sveta apologizes for misleading the group after Matthew's party confronts her on her past secrecy, promising to explain further in the ruins. (After meeting Ryu Kou, Matthew's group has learned that Sveta was the sister of Morgal's king, Volechek.) Meanwhile, the song reveals a secret passageway into the Belinsk Ruins, where Sveta intends to help them gain access to the castle to rescue Hou Ju. Upon meeting up in the ruins, Sveta explains her motivations, she merely wished to help Hou Ju, but soon realizes that she has been manipulated. The Tuaparang commanders, Blados and Chalis, had earlier revealed to Matthew's group the presence of a dangerous machine located in Belinsk's Ruins, and had also apparently instigated the capture of Eoleo and Hou Ju to lure the group of Adepts in. She realizes that Blados and Chalis are somehow working alongside her brother toward some goal involving the ruins.
The entire group decide to put aside their differences for the moment, as rescuing Hou Ju is of top priority. However, when the group attempts to access the castle, they find that the path has become blocked, which forces them to enter the depths of the Ruins. Sveta herself is amazed by the extent of the ruins, having never traveled to this portion before. She explains that the ruins are involved in the monthly festival held by Belinsk, where its citizens pray for the restoration of an ancient civilization, which the ruins are the remnants of. Eventually, the group accesses and is forced to activate the Alchemy Dynamo, which unlocks Luna Tower. After exiting the ruins, Sveta and the group meet with Volechek, who releases all prisoners as a sign of good will. Volechek has been led by Blados and Chalis to believe that the Tower is a weapon he can use, though Kraden reveals that the Tower will soon cause terrible danger.
The Grave Eclipse
At dawn, the Tower causes the Grave Eclipse, shrouding the city in darkness and releasing vicious monsters which kill many of the citizens. Volechek telepathically contacts Sveta, apologizing for his actions and stating his intentions to remain in the city to help the citizens. Sveta, next in line to the throne should Volechek die, is ordered by her brother to flee from the now monster ridden Belinsk. She unwillingly does so and sets about trying to end the Grave Eclipse with Matthew's group, offering the use of her unique mind-reading powers should Matthew feel they are needed. Ending the Grave Eclipse is eventually revealed to involve acquiring the Umbra Gear, a set of equipment given to the builders of the Apollo Lens that allows people (beastmen specifically) to endure the intense light that shines upon the Apollo Sanctum. With this and the use of three orbs, one of which was given to her by Volechek while she was leaving Belinsk, the party can activate the Apollo Lens. However, before they fire the device, a Chaos Hound sets upon them. The monster first seems to move to attack the group, but stops when Sveta approaches it. Blados and Chalis intervene and pump the monster with dark energy, causing it to go berserk and attack.
After this and the following battle are won, Sveta realizes the truth - the monster was actually Volechek, corrupted by the Tuaparang soldiers. While she is grief-stricken, she realizes that there is no time to think of a cure for her brother, and urges Matthew to fire the Apollo Lens. He can't, because every time he approaches the firing pedestal, the light flooding through the Sanctum knocks him back. Sveta, even though she absorbed large amounts of light on the trek up to the Lens, offers to use her Umbra Gear along with Matthew's spirit to fire the device, though she expects them both to die in the process. But as she climbs, Volechek regains his consciousness, fires the Apollo Lens in a last heroic act for his sister, and dies.
In the epilogue, Sveta returns to Belinsk to become their queen, and is last seen saying farewell to her seven companions.
Koaimara, her true name in the Japanese version, is a reference to Gua Maral, alternatively spelled Qo'ai-maral, the wife of Borte Chino. Bortechino is her brother, Volechek's Japanese name. Gua Maral means "fallow doe", similar to Sveta's title of "White Deer".
- Sveta is the first and only playable character to use Claws and Knuckles as weapons.
- Stella is the Latin and Italian word for "star," while Sveta is short for Svetlana, a Slavic name derived from the Russian word svet, meaning "light." It is also similar to the Polish świetlana (same pronunciation as svetlana), which means "girl filled with light."
- Another call-sign for her, as part of the Czamaral Clan, is the White Deer.
- Sveta is currently the last surviving member of the Czamaral Clan.
- During the cutscene where Sveta borrows Matthew's strength, Sveta is shown to have yellow eyes when speaking.
- In addition to the multiple portraits she has in the game, there is one more portrait of her looking surprised, though not as distraught as the one where her ears are lowered.
- Sveta is the only party member in Dark Dawn who is not the child of a main/supporting character from previous games.
- She is also the only playable character in Dark Dawn who's parents were never shown.
- Everyone in the second half of the party has their parents named, except Sveta.
- While Ivan and Sheba have adoptive parents, and Ivan is Karis' father, Sveta is the only Jupiter Adept without any introduced parents, biological or adoptive.
- With the exception of female-exclusive equipment and the Umbra Gear, every piece of armor Sveta can equip can be equipped by every other adept. Since her weapon choices are limited to Claws and Knuckles, this means that she has the fewest possible equipment choices of any character in the series.
- In Japanese version, Sveta has a real name - Koaimara (コアイマラ). Her name of "Koaimara" was first mention by Houzan, while he was loaning Matthew the Slap Glove. In the American version, she does not have a real name. For example, before the Apollo lens are fired, Volechek says "Sveta...farewell..." in the American game, but in the Japanese version, he says "Koaimara, goodbye..." (コアイマラよ さらばだ・・・). The name of "Koaimara" appears to have been changed to "Czamaral" and made the name of her clan rather than her actual name.
- In Teppe Ruins:
- Sveta: "You are surprised that I am behind you after you chased and cornered me?" (If Matthew responds with cheer) "Ha! I am glad you enjoyed our little chase through the ruins!"
- Sveta: "Ah, I apologize. In your culture, it is customary to introduce one's self. I am Sveta of the beastmen."
- Tyrell: "Whoa! She's a kitty-dog!"
- Sveta: "Do not mistake me for a dumb animal. Our minds are alike, and I know when I am being insulted."
- Sveta: "I am not your enemy. I am as my instincts make me, no more and no less."
- Sveta: "I can feel that the owner of these things cares very much for them, so I wanted to return them."
- Sveta: "Given that and my other powers, do you think I will be a worthy addition to your group?"
- Tyrell: (If Matthew responds with sadness) "Yeah, it's a shame that prejudice against her people kept her from being able to join earlier..."
- Sveta: (Upon hearing about Matthew's quest to take a feather from the mountain roc, the national symbol and perceived deity of her race) "I cannot go! I cannot help you get your feather. I would very much like to travel with you, but, for now..."
- Karis: "Sveta, what's wrong? You can tell us, really."
- Sveta: "Karis, you are a good person. I like you very much..."
- Tyrell: "What are the rest of us, then? Chopped liver?"
- Sveta: "No! I also like Tyrell and Rief and Amiti and Matthew... You have all been so... Thank you."
- In Belinsk Ruins:
- Tyrell: "What's the deal? You're part of the Morgal royal family!"
- Sveta: "Nothing escapes you, does it, Tyrell?"
- Sveta: "Tuaparang seems to be focused entirely on military power and conquest rather than helping its citizens. It saddens me deeply to imagine such a place."
- Amiti: "But, Sveta, how-"
- Sveta: "One more thing-please understand that I never wanted to mislead you. But that poor girl, Hou Ju, was imprisoned after losing her parents. I thought if I helped her brother..."
- Amiti: (After Sveta uses Spirit Sense to gather much information from Matthew's group) "Sveta, that was astounding. I knew you had an extrasensory ability, but still, most impressive."
- Sveta: "Really? I'm glad you appreciate it, but I wish it was gone. Life would be better without it."
- Sveta: "Matthew, I'm sorry for getting you all involved without telling you the whole story. Can you forgive me?" (If Matthew responds with sadness) "Yes, I'm also saddened at the idea that my brother would side with the Tuaparang against me... Thank you for your understanding."
- Sveta: "But I must admit... The ruins are amazing. I never dreamed anything like this was under Belinsk..."
- Ryu Kou: (Offscreen from the doorway behind Matthew) "We couldn't agree more!"
- Sveta: "I'm glad you finally decided to show yourselves."
- Karis: "What do you mean?"
- Sveta: "Ryu Kou and Hou Zan have been following us through these passages for some time."
- Arcanus: "Did you tip our hand, Sveta?"
- Sveta: "Of course. Unlike my brother, I want nothing to do with the foul Tuaparang!"
- In Belinsk:
- Sveta: (Upon seeing Volechek in person for the first time) "M-my dear brother!"
- Sveta: (After the Grave Eclipse begins) "Is my home lost, then?"
- Kraden: "I'm afraid it may be."
- Sveta: (Upon seeing Briggs' death) "This is all my brother's fault. How many lives have been lost now to his terrible mistake?"
- Volechek: (Speaking telepathically from the peak of Eclipse Tower) "Forgive me for being such a fool. Those Tuaparang scum used me, and I didn't see until it was too late."
- Sveta: "Of course I forgive you..."
- Volechek: (Volechek sends Sveta's group the Blue Orb) "Take this. I stole it from Blados-hopefully you can use it as a weapon against the Tuaparang."
- Sveta: "Where are you going? You can't stay in Belinsk!"
- Volechek: "Where can I go but here?"
- Sveta: "Come with us!"
- Volechek: "I am king of Morgal. I cannot leave our capital when my own misjudgment may have destroyed it."
- Sveta: "Then I will stay with you."
- Volechek: "No, dear sister. I am the king, and you are the last of our line. My duty is to stay... Yours is to live."
- Sveta: "No! I refuse! Dock the boat and let me off!"
- Volechek: "Good-bye, Sveta. I pray you live a long and happy life." (Volechek enters Eclipse Tower.)
- Sveta: "...Good-bye, Volechek."
- At Apollo Lens:
- Sveta: (After Kraden explains that Sveta must wear the Umbra gear and Matthew must lead from behind her in order for the whole party to safely explore the Apollo Lens) "Once we come up out there, I'll be in danger. Don't let me down...please."
- Sveta: (To the Chaos Hound, who she was terrified of before) "You're fighting it, aren't you? I can feel the conflict within... I will help you..."
- Sveta: "And why can I hardly look at this creature without wanting to cry...?"
- Kraden: (After Sveta helps defeat the combined form of Blados, Chalis, and the Chaos Hound and she found out that the monster was a transformed Volechek) "So there is truly no way for Volechek to live to see the end of the eclipse..."
- Amiti: "Is there really nothing we can do, Kraden?"
- Kraden: "If we had more time, maybe we could think of something..." / Sveta: "But we do not. Every moment that the eclipse does on, countless people suffer and die. At the center of that suffering are the Morgal people. Volechek, as their king, has a responsibility to them."
- Karis: "Sveta...are you sure?" / Sveta: "You did not grow up as royalty, Karis. My brother...would understand."
- Sveta: "I had thought he was dead, only to find he had become a monster. Now he dies again..."
- Sveta: "Matthew, please help me. I will need to borrow your strength to reach the Apollo Lens..." (If Matthew decides not to help her) "I cannot walk by myself. Please-I need your help." (If Matthew decides to help her, he wills his spirit out of his body to support Sveta.)
- Sveta: (As she climbs up the ladder to the switch on the Apollo Lens while empowered by Matthew's borrowed spirit) "Matthew, I'm sorry for making you come with me. At least we can die knowing that our lives might buy the lives of the others-a small price to pay. Soon we'll reach the controls for the Apollo Lens, and this will all be over..."
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn's encyclopedia entry for Sveta:
This beastman Adept has enhanced senses and can read others' minds and render scents visible.
In Fan Circles
Sveta is mainly paired with Matthew, dubbed SpiritShipping. This happens because of the scene at the Apollo Lens when Matthew tried to climb to the controls without the Umbra Gear, passes out, and becomes a spirit to guide Sveta there. He also caught her when she is flung back by her brother. It is later on noted that when the party is waiting for Sveta in front of the closed doors of the Belinsk castle, Matthew is pacing anxiously and is told to relax by Karis while they waited for her.
|Main characters in the Golden Sun series|
|GBA||Isaac Garet Ivan Mia | Felix Jenna Sheba Piers|
|DS||Matthew Karis Tyrell Rief Amiti Sveta Eoleo Himi|
|GBA|| Kyle Dora Saturos Menardi Alex The Wise One Kraden Babi Hammet Tret |
Hama Feizhi Dodonpa Briggs Karst Agatio Susa Hydros Moapa Puelle
|DS|| Nowell Blados Chalis Arcanus Bogho Baghi Paithos King Wo Ryu Kou |
Hou Zan Laurel Vande Volechek High Empyror Unan