|Relatives|| Mia (mother) |
Alex (first cousin once removed)
Amiti (second cousin)
|Hair color||Light blue|
|Japanese name||ノーブル Noble|
Nowell is a minor character in Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. She is the daughter of Mia and, along with her brother Rief, is one of Kraden's pupils. Her Japanese name, Noble, appears to fit the theme implied by Rief's Japanese name, Crown. Like her mother and brother, Nowell is a Mercury Adept and apparently has access to Cold Snap or some equivalent. She is highly anticipated by fans to be a playable character should there be a sequel to Dark Dawn.
Nowell travels with Kraden and Rief investigating ancient ruins and artifacts. At some point, she travels with Kraden to Carver's Camp to meet with Matthew's party of Adepts, who are on a quest to find the Mountain Roc in Morgal. The intention is to meet Matthew's group there before crossing into Bilibin and eventually Morgal, but they find that the only bridge has been destroyed by a Psynergy Vortex. Thus, Nowell, Kraden, and Rief travel to the Konpa Ruins, leaving a message for Matthew to meet them there.
Nowell's Mercury powers allow the group to bypass Konpa Ruins itself, instead entering the caves beneath, which lead up to Bilibin and down to Ei-Jei. However, they find a large Psynergy Vortex in the area. After Rief is nearly drawn in by the vortex, Kraden and Nowell attempt to investigate a strange machine near the Vortex. However, Nowell is nearly shot by a mysterious group of soldiers. By this time, luckily, Matthew's group has found the path through the Konpa Ruins and arrive in time to fight off the soldiers.
After the battle, Nowell and Kraden realize that Rief has been kidnapped by a swordsman named Blados, and a masked man. The two men force the two groups to split up by threatening to leave Rief at one of the two exits. Matthew's group takes the southern exit (where they eventually find Rief), while Nowell and Kraden travel to Bilibin. They find that they are unable to cross into Morgal from Bilibin, due to the border being closed as a result of tensions between the two countries. Instead, Kraden sends a message to Piers to pick them up in his ship. Instead of leaving at Belinsk's port, Nowell decides to remain with Piers, having humorously fallen in love with him. She is assumed to remain with Piers through the end of the game.
- In Konpa Cave:
- Nowell: "We've been in this infernal cavern forever! Why don't we just leave a note for them? They could take the north cave here and meet us in Bilibin. Or better yet, in Belinsk!"
- Kraden: "We mustn't let Isaac down. Besides, who knew that we'd see a vortex down here? What a prime opportunity!"
- Nowell: "If I may be so bold, master, you oblige people far too easily. We're doing a lot for Isaac..."
- Kraden: "Isaac and I go back a long way. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for that fine fellow. Now, what ARE you doing up there, Rief?"
- Rief: "Nowell made me scout out the route to the north tunnel. I know better than to disagree with her!"
- Kraden: "Well, I commend all of you! Making it through the ruins must have been hard for you."
- Tyrell: "Yeah, the ruins were huge! Why didn't you come up and help us out?"
- Nowell: "Well, that's a fine way to talk to Master Kraden! He's gone to a lot of trouble to get here!"
- Kraden: "Come now, Nowell. We owe them thanks for coming when they did! Or else you, Rief, and I might have fallen prey to those shadowy fiends!"
- Kraden: "If only I hadn't been distracted by that machine! Then I wouldn't have lost track of Rief!"
- Nowell: "You're a scholar, master. You can't be blamed! It is entirely MY fault!"
- At Tonfon:
- Rief: "Sorry to bother you, Kraden, but something has been troubling me."
- Kraden: "Oh? What is that?"
- Rief: "Why didn't Nowell come with you to Belinsk?"
- Kraden: "I was wondering when you'd get around to asking me that."
- Rief: "With everything that's happened, and all the peril and whatnot..."
- Kraden: "Of course. She slipped your mind."
- Rief: "I am ashamed though. She IS my sister..."
- Kraden: "Well, I suspect she's a touch distracted herself...but by love rather than peril."
- Rief: "Nowell is in love?! With whom?"
- Kraden: "Captain Piers."
- Matthew: "?!"
- Rief: "Piers of the Warriors of Vale?"
- Kraden: "When Piers arrived to ferry us, she seemed especially... vibrant. Aglow, even. When I disembarked, she simply told me, "I'm going with Piers.""
- Rief: "Piers is a powerful Adept, so she'll have a fine tutor...but... they just sailed off together?"
- Kraden: "Piers is one of the most capable sailors in the world. I'm sure no harm will befall her."
- Rief: "I had no idea... But I'm glad she didn't get tangled up in all this. She was always the lucky one."
- Kraden: "Hmm... I wonder if you won't eventually think the opposite..."
- Rief: "Why? Where are they sailing to?"
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn's encyclopedia entry for Nowell:
This young woman is one of Kraden's two highly promising Alchemy students, along with her brother, Rief. She has immense respect for her mentor and spends most of her time studying ancient ruins and artifacts with him.
In Fan Circles
As the game suggests that she has a crush on Piers, she is often paired with him. However, he is very reluctant because of the mysterious age gap.
|GBA||Isaac Garet Ivan Mia | Felix Jenna Sheba Piers|
|DS||Matthew Karis Tyrell Rief Amiti Sveta Eoleo Himi|
|GBA|| Kyle Dora Saturos Menardi Alex The Wise One Kraden |
Babi Hammet Tret Hama Feizhi Dodonpa Briggs Karst
Agatio Susa Hydros Moapa Puelle
|DS|| Nowell Blados Chalis Arcanus Bogho Baghi Paithos |
King Wo Ryu Kou Hou Zan Laurel Vande Volechek
High Empyror Unan