- This article is about the boss. For the item, see Ice Queen (item).
The Ice Queen (アイスクイーン Ice Queen) is a boss in Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, fought at the end of Harapa Ruins. She is an ancient entity whose opposite counterpart is the Mars-aligned Sand Prince. When defeated, she turns into the Ice Queen Stone, a Utility Psynergy item that grants a Mercury Adept the Cold Snap Psynergy series. This is needed for the Alchemy Forge in Passaj.
The Ice Queen is a level 17 boss who battles your party when you approach the end of the Harapa Ruins dungeon. To prompt her to battle you, select "No" at the first dialogue option, then select "Yes" at the next dialogue option.
The Ice Queen has several techniques at her disposal. Besides having access to the powerful Ice Missile and Frostbite Psynergies, she also has the Icy Kiss technique, which can instantly down an unlucky Adept. Thus, regular healing is recommended. However, she has very low Mars Resistance, so unleashing Mars Djinn is an excellent strategy. If the player has acquired all possible Mars Djinn so far, then Meteor can be summoned for comparatively high levels of damage. Another option worth noting is the Vulcan Axe, a Mars-based pure-element weapon that can be acquired in the Ouroboros. By equipping it to Tyrell, the player is guaranteed to exploit the Ice Queen's weakness, even when taking the unreliability of Unleashes into account. The player can use Impact to raise his attack, but the player should beware of the Ice Queen's Break Psynergy, which will nullify all stat boosts.
The Ice Queen's statistics are as follows:
|Elemental Resistances||Turns||Exp||Coins||Item Dropped||Drop Rate|
|193 100 100 25||1||2402||1236||None||n/a|
The Ice Queen uses the following battle commands:
used with *
|125 Power||Standard physical attack, but on this enemy it is aligned with the Mercury element.|
| 125 Power
|Enemy ability where the user conjures a blue heart-shaped cloud at a single target. Either deals a Mercury-aligned attack with 49 base damage or instantly downs the target.|
|Level ??||Enemy ability that has a chance of inflicting the entire party with Delusion.|
|--||Psynergy costing 5 PP that removes any statistical buffs from the current battling party.|
|125 Power||Psynergy costing 20 PP that causes a huge ice crystal to grow between the party and shatter violently. Deals a Mercury-aligned attack with 140 base damage that is spread out across 3 enemies with high damage distribution.|
|125 Power||Psynergy costing 23 PP that hurls large icy spikes towards the opposition. Deals a Mercury-aligned attack with 160 base damage that is spread out across 3 enemies with high damage distribution.|
|125 Power||Psynergy costing 8 PP that restores roughly 200 HP to the user.|
Background and Story
In the past, the Ice Queen was imprisoned in a gemstone that was a treasure of the town of Passaj. Over the years, she gained a reputation for cruelty, and was known for using her beauty to lure men to her. After the Golden Sun event, she was able to use her powers to control the monk, Nyunpa, who had telepathic abilities. She was able to force him to take her from Passaj to the ruined city of Harapa. However, she found that she could not leave her stone, and so forced Nyunpa to remain with her. In the meantime, a slight amount of her power restored Harapa, though it is said that she refused to use her full power out of spite.
In the present day, Matthew's party goes in search of her, as they need the Ice Queen's power to reverse the Alchemy Forge, which would allow the creation of a cloud passageway over the Khiren Mountains. Before leaving, the party is given information on her by Passaj's elders, as well as the Sand Prince. After traversing Harapa's ruins, they come across the Ice Queen, and are forced to fight her in an attempt to return her to her gemstone state. Doing so releases Nyunpa from her influence, allowing him to leave the ruins. Additionally, Matthew's party gains the Ice Queen Stone, granting them the Psynergy necessary to reverse the Alchemy Forge.
- Ice Queen: (While unseen) "Oh, my...! Do I sense some warm-blooded guests come to my chilly court? Well, I do love to be adored. But only from a distance. No touching now! Wait, you're NOT groveling. How rude. But then again, it's clear why you're REALLY here. You've come to take me back, haven't you? Now don't you DARE lie to me!" (If Matthew says yes) "Well, I'm NOT leaving. So, out of my sight!" (Or if Matthew says no) "I can see through your lies. But I am flattered. So, you truly DO want to possess me?" (If Matthew says no) "Then what ARE you bothering me for, if you don't covet my beauty? Begone!" (Or if Matthew says yes) "Of course you do. And who doesn't? But meddling in MY affairs can be quite hazardous. I hope you realize that. Hmm. It would seem that you've managed to restart the Alchemy Forge. So I suppose you want to put the forge in reverse to travel to the peak of the Neox. Well, you may have defeated the Sand Prince, but you will never make ME your slave! It took me an eternity to dupe someone into taking me away from Passaj... I mean, how often does a silly monk like Nyunpa come along to give me my freedom? Once in a lifetime, that's how often! And I will NOT go back to a life of servitude! But I can see that you're not going to see reason. You want to carry me away in my gemstone! Well, the Ice Queen will not go without a fight, I tell you! Come then! I will shatter you into a million pieces!"
- Ice Queen: (After being defeated, she is converted into gemstone form) "I can't...! NOOOO...!"
- Tyrell: "Well, I guess she realizes her place NOW."
- Rief: "We defeated her! We have the Ice Queen Stone!"
- Karis: "We did win, didn't we? But I do feel a little bad, forcing her back in that gem."
- Tyrell: "We may never learn the true nature of these gemstones. Which came first: the gem or the queen? Well, let's just pocket that stone and be on our way back to Passaj."
|Bosses in Golden Sun|
|Vault Bandits • Tret • Saturos • Killer Ape • Hydros Statue • Manticore • Kraken • Azart • Satrage • Navampa • Toadonpa • Storm Lizard • Tempest Lizard • Saturos and Menardi • Final boss • Deadbeard|
|Bosses in Golden Sun: The Lost Age|
|Chestbeaters • King Scorpion • Briggs and Sea Fighters • Aqua Hydra • Serpent • Avimander • Poseidon • Moapa and Knights • Karst and Agatio • Flame Dragons • Final boss • Valukar • Sentinel • Star Magician • Dullahan|
|Bosses in Golden Sun: Dark Dawn|
|Tangle Bloom • Dim Dragon • Dim Dragon Plus • Stealthy Scouts • Sand Prince • Ku-Tsung and Ku-Embra • Ice Queen • Sludge • Mountain Roc • Blados and Chalis • Blados, Chaos Hound, and Chalis • Final boss • Ogre Titans • Ancient Devil • Star Magician • Dullahan|