I wonder if we even need a history section in this article. We already have another article called Weyard (Ancient past), and half of the info in this article's new section could go there. The other half is basically a plot summary, and to me "history" means it takes place before the games.
Of course, another option is to merge the ancient past article with this one. Either way I don't think we need that article and a history section in this article. What do you guys think? The world's hungriest paperweight 17:43, 21 January 2008 (UTC)
- The Ancient Past page could do with a bit of expansion, so I think that putting the History section from here in there instead would be a good idea. Kyarorain 18:36, 21 January 2008 (UTC)
Can anyone on this wiki make an interactive map of weyard, that would be pretty cool. Jonathan87 17:43, 10 August 2009 (UTC)
- I'm not sure a Flash-based file like that would even be supported by this site's internal software, and that would take a lot of time and work to make, so sorry. Erik Jensen (Appreciate me here!) 17:59, 10 August 2009 (UTC)
Resemblence to the World
Why is this article talking so much about how Weyard resembles the real World? There is nothing at all within the article to indicate that it actually is almost exactly the same as projections of the world ~170 million years ago. Gondwana is even a mistranslation of Gondowan (As is Indra of India, and so on). I thought it was pretty evident that Weyard is a representation of the world just after the breakup of Pangea, yet this article keeps referencing modern continents.
P.S. Indra is pretty much where it's accepted that the continent of India was ~170 million years ago.
Umm, about those polar regions, is that really... Appropriate? I mean, it admits that real-world science shouldn't hold, but even if it did, is it true? I mean, if you hold a scolding-hot pea over the middle of a bed, won't the centre of the bed heat up more than the edges? Sure, this doesn't take into account the lack of convection in space, but to do so would assume that there IS space above weyard, along with the shape of the atmosphere... Obviously, this creates a great deal of... for lack of a better word, fanwanking, which is well... Not that appropriate for an encyclopaedia, IMO. (and IMO only, if you don't want to remove it, that's fine, just voicing my opinion, I'm not going to edit it out;) ) Slax01 08:30, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
- I was open to the possibility that it wouldn't be very appropriate. After all, the game is the way it is "because that's just the way it is", so I'll take it down right now. Caasi 13:49, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
Ok, Weyard has changed a LOT since TLA, and some retconning has occurred as well (or at least, as far as we're concerened, since we made claims like "izumo island", which are now proven false, but were adequate for the time). Should I make a new page, or a new section, or a new subsection or what? cuz' there's quite a lot of information add. I'll get a map uploaded soon as well. Slax 02:20, 5 December 2010 (CST)
- There may be a lot of new information to add, but I don't think making separate pages for GBA and DD forms will be necessary, just something like being GBA for the first half of the page and DD for the second half. Besides, wouldn't much of what's new and changed be focused more on the page on Angara and the Great Eastern Sea? Erik the Appreciator 02:27, 5 December 2010 (CST)
- K, I'll try and add a new section(s) to the existing pages then. Slax 02:30, 5 December 2010 (CST)
Some anonymous user has decided (without input, I might add) to split the DD Weyard into its own page. I think this is as good a time as any to really look at what the Weyard page is for. The current setup (three separate pages for the same world, only in different stages) is inelegant at best, and really doesn't feel right to me. Instead, if we aren't going to have one big mega-page, I'd propose that the pages be structured something like this:
Weyard - A quick, general overview and links to the subpages.
- Weyard/Geography - With three sections for Ancient Weyard, Post-Seal Weyard, and Post-Golden Sun Event Weyard.
- Weyard/History - With the same three sections as above, this would describe the events that occurred before Golden Sun and between Lost Age and Dark Dawn.
- Weyard/People - With information regarding cultures and races.
This would keep similar information in the same place, so if I wanted information about Weyard's geography, I could find all the information on one page. If I wanted to look up some of the backstory relating to the world, I could look it up on its own page. spweasel 09:03, 29 March 2011 (CDT)
- That sounds good to me. I never had a problem with the "ancient past" page before, but now that someone got the "bright idea" to create a post-Golden Sun page, I can see how awkward splitting them can become if not kept in check... The World's Hungriest Paperweight 11:51, 29 March 2011 (CDT) P.S. Would the "People" section include the relationships between different cultures, such as the Morgal-Sana war?