For the list of shippings, should we include alternate names that fans have coined in the descriptions of pairings?
I added links to some fics. I linked to fics that were noted as being the genesis of the pairing's name, but I would like to also include one link per 'ship name so that there can be a representative piece of work for each pairing. I'll get back to this once I can find a nice way to standardize the notation. --Dracobolt 17:59, 16 November 2007 (UTC)
Hurray for Mr. Appreciator! Thanks to him, I've set up the format you now see in this article. Dracobolt 10:37, 27 November 2007 (UTC)
Thinking out loud
I'm not generally a romance fan, but a shipping idea popped into my head recently: Babi and Sheba. Babi did kidnapped Sheba, so it would make sense that at least one person would write a Babi/Sheba fanfic. (Disturbing? You bet.) Does anyone know if there is such a fanfic out there, 'cause if so it should probably be added to the list. Also, what should the pairing be called? I vote for Tolbishipping. The world's hungriest paperweight 21:17, November 9, 2009 (UTC)
- Don't worry about the inherent disturbing-ness of that idea, someone wrote a fic pairing Isaac with his house's roof, and that relationship almost climaxed. ^_^ Erik Jensen (Appreciate me here!) 22:46, November 9, 2009 (UTC)
- Well, I think Babi/Sheba is disturbing by normal standards, whatever "normal" is anymore, but point taken. (I don't think I even want to know how you can have a relationship with your roof.) The world's hungriest paperweight 23:32, November 9, 2009 (UTC)
Yeah, some of the shippings are jokes, like Garet+Dora, eww. Why are there just pairs that are adepts? Does this mean that non-adepts can't be paired with adepts? Also if Felix and Sheba where an item and they had a kid would the kid have Venus or Jupiter powers? Or would they become a class with those two elemantes?220.127.116.11 21:58, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
- People in the fan fiction community for Golden Sun are simply the most interested in the characters that have elemental powers as Adepts, which is why people haven't bothered to come up with terms for pairings with non-adepts. It's already been shown in the game's world that when two Adepts of different elements have kids, the kids are either one element or the other, but never a sort of "dual-element" Adept; after all, Felix and Jenna's parents are a Venus Adept and a Mars Adept, but Felix is just a Venus Adept while Jenna is just a Mars Adept. Erik Jensen (Appreciate me here!) 22:11, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
Their are some very irregular shippings out their not to mention jaypawx his stick Roofshipping put a line where i ship in fanfics alot of the goldensun community stick to Adept shipping in my oppinion because their are more ways for them to be shipped while non-adepts really are not that diverse in their love interests although i could be wrong Brandonallison 16:32, February 21, 2010 (UTC)
Isaac's love for the roof of his house. If you actually read that story, and then you hop on one leg and squint with the opposite eye, it kind of starts to make sense in context. (One-leg hopping and eye-squinting helps because it jumbles your brain a bit). In fact, I'd say it's less disturbing than Sheba/Babi. But if we're going for sheer diturbing-ness, then what about Donpa/Jenna (admittedly crack) or some such nonsense? You know that if you look, you can probably find it somewhere. King Nothing Speak now, vermin! 03:54, March 3, 2010 (UTC)
So, I heard that someone tried to claim the ship of which I named. XD --King Cena 05:15, March 23, 2010 (UTC)
Um, this is a question to an earlier reply. The one about Felix and Shepa, The adepts with different elements had a relasion. As Saturos said, fire and earth share a bond orsomething like that, so those elements kindof paired with each other (Felix and Jenna's parents) so those elements, it seems to me, are more likely to have kids withthe same elements. In words I can understand, Felix, Venus, and Sheba, Jupiter, their elements don't share a bond. So if they had a kid, it's less likely that he would be one element or another. While Jenna and Felix's parent's elements, shared a bond. So, how would opposing elements adepts kid be? <^>__<^>
- While we don't know that for sure, it's likely it'd either be a Venus Adept or a Jupiter Adept. Erik Jensen (Appreciate me here!) 04:34, June 9, 2010 (UTC)
Hey, I've been wondering about the names for Dark Dawn pairings. Some of the "original" ships got their names from just one fic or whatnot, and I'm a fanfic reader/writer myself and have already seen some names getting notice... And am trying to coin a few myself. So, should I put them up if they seem to be catching on? (Or even if at least one author coins a name?) Thanks.--Knight-Dawn 09:36, 14 December 2010 (CST)
- Hmm, I suppose, if you've been finding certain names catching on. Erik the Appreciator 11:06, 14 December 2010 (CST)
- Okay, thanks:)--Knight-Dawn 13:37, 14 December 2010 (CST)
Yeah, I've been wondering about that too...I first created a fic in what is currently known as "Zephyrshipping" (Karis/Sveta), then went to check out if there were any others. There was a grand total of one. Neither his nor mine seems to have a name that would lend itself to granting the ship its proper name, and yet, I definitely think that "Zephyrshipping" is not going to do the trick. Two things:
1. I looked it up on Wikipedia, and Podarge was not a beast woman. She was a harpy, a creature whose non-human half was that of a bird. Not relevant.
2. I repeat that I had not yet read the other fic when I wrote my own, but the two both go directly to the same scene in the game--the stormy night as they leave Belinsk on Briggs's ship, after the Grave Eclipse has been unleashed. It seems to be as important to Karis/Sveta as Apollo Sanctum is to Matthew/Sveta. This would suggest Stormshipping as a logical one, but unfortunately that's already been claimed. Consider finding an alternate name for the current Stormshipping. (And for the record, the author of the other story repeatedly refers to it as "Hurricaneshipping", which I see is also in use for a different ship.) --Cyberchao X 23:54, 28 May 2011 (EDT)
- I'm no expert on shipping - or fanon in general - so my opinion might not mean much, but I for one think that the pairing names should be decided by the GS fandom as a whole. If everyone calls it Zephyrshipping, we should call it Zephyrshipping, regarless of how appropriate (or inappropriate) it is. That being said, how widespread is the use of the term? If it's not used much, it may not be too late to get the name changed (what to, I don't know, nor do I really care). On the other hand, if it's thrown about everywhere, it may be here to stay, but it never hurts to try!
- I don't know how useful that was, or if it was just a waste of my time. But if it helps... The World's Hungriest Paperweight 23:16, 28 May 2011 (CDT)
- Yeah, I'm trying to find that out. But seeing as how the fic I published this morning was just the second one on fanfiction.net to use the pairing and the first one was using a different name, I'm guessing that the answer is "not very". I'll put the old one back as well.--Cyberchao X 23:20, 28 May 2011 (CDT)
No Hou Ju?
I'm surprised no one has tried pairing Hou Ju with Matthew. I thought that was an obvious pairing. Tzion 14:02, 24 February 2012 (CST)
- There was some discussion about the pairing name in the Temple of Kraden's shipping topic, and Echoshipping (after the Echo Gem) was the name that seemed to have the most support. I agree that it's surprising that no one has written this pairing. Mireia 00:15, 26 February 2012 (CST)
So, I added in some new ships, did some re-alphabetizing, and took out a broken link. Storm, Zephyr, and Truth were returned to their original names because those still seem to be the most popular. Objections?
- Eoleo/Amiti is popular enough that I think it should be on the wiki, but what should it be listed under? I've seen RealClothesshipping (after a fanfic that President Raggy wrote), Scaldshipping and Saunashipping (both by yui_hime - see here), and DaddyIssuesshipping by Naoko (?) on tumblr (which is I think a reference to Amiti's dad being Alex and Eoleo's dad dying, but don't quote me on that). Thoughts? - Mireia, 22:02, 16 April 2012 (CST)
I had an idea for a really psychologically complex genre of shipping... Dodonpashipping... It consists of variations on this one relationship formula: "Dodonpa + Dodonpa"...
Dodonpa: "Dodonpa, don't let loose the Toadonpa, you might get hurt!"
Dodonpa: "Yes my love, but I must defeat these young punks in order to ensure our reign's survival and continued prosperity!"
Dodonpa: "You're so brave and burly Dodonpa!"
I changed the layout to alphabetical for three reasons:
1. here was a notice for cleanup on the page. 2. I wanted the page to better represent an index. 3. There's no reason why the page should be organized by the male characters or why the queer ships are placed in a different part than the heterosexual ships.
Interested in hearing your thoughts. -Mireia
- Hey there Mireia. Thanks for taking a stab at fixing this page! It's a difficult thing to organize. I'm not too sure if Alphabetical is the best way though, mostly because of the varying names for any given shipping. I completely agree that the slash pairings shouldn't be out on their own little section secluded from the rest though. I can't think of a better way to organize the page myself, but that is a lot of sections... I'm really curious how best to organize this page ~ dkpat (talk) 23:05, 14 July 2014 (CDT)