Talk:Conch Shell enemy line
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Spiral Shell does actually have a palette swap. I don't remember what it's called, but when you're clearing out Pier's ship, you can encounter them. They're orange with a white shell.
Unless my game is totally glitchy, you should be able to find these as well. Bear in mind that I've only run into them one time, so they're likely the winner of the "Rarest Monster" Award. --Rellin 03:11, 24 November 2007 (UTC)
- Rellin's right. They're called Conch Shells. I don't remember them myself, but I saw them in my Player's Guide (that thing may have a lot of mistakes in it, but for the most part it's correct). The world's hungriest paperweight 04:58, 24 November 2007 (UTC)
- DEAR IRIS! There's orange Conch Shells in that ship, alright. I'd say this is good news, Rellin, not bad; that might make the Conch Shell one of the more interesting things to cover on this wiki. Apparently it's only certain areas of the ship where it appears.
- The reason I never knew of its existence was that the GSTLA enemy FAQ I refer to for these monster line pages completely overlooks it and only covers the Spiral Shell. And I've seen that FAQ make other egregious mistakes, like totally screwing up the Raging Rock's stats and moves and mixing up some of the stats of the Wild and Wise Gryphons, and some enemies' commands in the game are overlooked as well. Which means that that FAQ isn't totally reliable. Does anyone know of any other Golden Sun enemy data resource on the Internet that has all the enemy info covered reliably? I'd HUGELY appreciate that. Erik Jensen (Appreciate me here!) 06:34, 24 November 2007 (UTC)
- Okay then, I'll be the bearer of good news =P Too bad I can't help you on finding the reliable source of enemy information. --Rellin 01:22, 26 November 2007 (UTC)
Four or Five?
Hey Erik, I just encountered 5 of the Conch Shells in one battle on the Lemurian Ship; however, I was playing your 2013 rebalance hack, so I don't know if you altered the formulae to allow for up to 5 instead of just 4. The wiki says only up to 4; could it be that when it was written, only up to 4 had been encountered by wiki writers, or was that something you added?Marandahir (talk) 18:01, 6 February 2014 (CST)
- Yes, I edited it so that you can't encounter less than four of them or more then five of them whenever you battle in the hallways of the Lemurian ship, whereas in the original game you can battle 1, 2, 3, or 4 Conch Shells per battle with equal probability. Since the TLA editor on the GS Hacking Community site can view and edit enemy group compositions for the GS1 and GS2 ROM files, as well as all other kinds of enemy data, all the GBA enemy data on the wiki comes directly from the games themselves and can be verified very easily, which is why anything you see in a ROM hack that seems different from the original game should be assumed to be a difference written by the ROM hack author, instead of a potential inaccuracy with the site's posting of the original game's data itself. Erik the Appreciator (talk) 19:00, 6 February 2014 (CST)
- Thanks. That means the days of checking by playing are almost virtually over (save things that might show up, like discovering you can find a Djinni in an alternationg location on the world map, or discovering a new glitch). That must save a lot of hassle for pages like these.Marandahir (talk) 19:52, 6 February 2014 (CST)