Template talk:Usable Items
- Erik: "Shortening width; it extends out of bounds for many browsers and windows right now, and not many would stretch their browser across a wide screen for this."
- HP: "In that case, you'd better do something about the various equipment templates, because I used them as the basis for these widths..."
When I preview the new version of the Djinn template like this, its width is reasonable at 700px, and when I preview the previous version like this, the extra 200 pixels from before make it extend out of the right bound for those who keep their browser windows at the general 1024px width, whether or not that's because they use a 1024px screen resolution. The 900-pixel version doesn't seem to wrap, which is where part of the problem comes from. As far as I can tell, there is no issue with the other directory templates on the site that are at fixed width, like the templates for gear made from forgeable items - they are all at 650px to 700px values, which we can expect 1024px users to see fully without having to scroll the screen right. Erik the Appreciator 13:44, 2 April 2011 (CDT)
- All I know is that I stretched this and the Djinn template to be as wide as (and no wider than) the equipment templates, like Template:Long Swords and Template:Robes. What I was trying to say is that, unless those templates vary in width based on screen resolution, they need to be shortened as well. The World's Hungriest Paperweight 14:18, 2 April 2011 (CDT)
- Oh. Right, well, those equipment templates like the swords and robes do vary with the screen size. On my Firefox which is currently stretched out to be roughly similar to what it would be on a 1024px screen, when I look at Clotho's Distaff, the newly shortened Usable Equipment template is now only two inches wider than the Staffs and Ankh template above it - the Staffs template is one inch shorter on each side. Is it different for you right now? Erik the Appreciator 14:23, 2 April 2011 (CDT)
- Yeah, I see what you mean, now that I've actually thought to try adjusting the size of the window ^_^;. For me, the Staff/Ankh template is about as wide as I originally made this template (maybe just a couple pixels wider), and an inch or two wider than this template's new size. Or at least while I have the window maximized.
- I've been using several different computers lately, so in the future I'm going to have to remember that screen size and resolution vary ^_^; The World's Hungriest Paperweight 15:14, 2 April 2011 (CDT)
- Those templates I hadn't reworked at all so. I would not let me templates that I touched not work in 1024. 650 is a good width if choosing static widths. Regardless though, a Width must be declared otherwise the show/hide does not work right/pretty. I have thought about doing percentage widths lately, and setting all to something like 75%. ~ dkpat 09:33, 3 April 2011 (CDT)