Template talk:Long Swords
Personally I like how the new templates are sorted right now, but I'm wondering if it would be more practical to have them list equipment in alphabetical order. You know, to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Many other templates are done that way already:
There are others that don't follow this tradition, of course...
...but maybe those should be changed too. Then again, maybe not (that's why haven't just gone ahead and changed things already).
There may be others I haven't found, but I think that's everything aside from the other item temps. The world's hungriest paperweight 04:18, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
- That's really one of those iffy issues I have... I'd rather keep those like that for the sake of holding up the "organized by power levels" image that's probably more useful than alphabetization. Erik Jensen (Appreciate me here!) 05:10, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
- True, but the list pages are sorted that way already, so do we really need both of them that way? Oh, but the categories are already sorted alphabetically. Wait, I just defeated my own argument! Well, until someone else says something I'm willing to go with whatever you decide. The world's hungriest paperweight 17:11, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
The Lost Items
I really think that the TLA sections of these equipment temlates should be expanded to include all of the gear you can find in TLA that doesn't have to be transferred from GS. For example, this would include things like Gauntlets and Shamshir (and all the "common" items) but not things like Spirit Armor or Wicked Mace.
As for my reasoning: ... Ugh, this is one of those times when I know what I want to say, just not how to say it. Well, it may not be the core of my argument, but I'll start with the fact that the DD sections list all of the items that appear in DD, not just those introduced in DD. As for the List articles, those seem to list each item only once and sort them by what game they're introduced in. In retrospect, these templates did the same thing until DD came around. I think we just never updated the TLA sections.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that, somewhere on this wiki, we need a list of all the items that can be found in TLA, as opposed to just the items introduced and assuming that visitors will be able to figure out that GS items also appear in the game. P.S. I don't know if I explained that well, so I'd appreciate it if someone would give me their interpretation of my argument. The World's Hungriest Paperweight 10:57, 8 July 2011 (CDT)
- Seems well-explained enough to me. Now, I've pretty much left the entire items thing on the wiki under your jurisdiction, which is why I don't ever comment on these matters. If it's you that's putting all this thought and time into things like item categories and lists, I have faith you'll make the wiki's item coverage better than it was before, so you should try coming up with this all-inclusive list of TLA items on your own first. Erik the Appreciator 12:15, 8 July 2011 (CDT)
- ...Wait, by "all-inclusive" did you think I meant one big "master list" of all items, regardless of classification? Because what I meant was separate lists for each equipment class that listed all the items (of that class) that appear in each game, regardless of which game they first appeared in. (I'm probably over-analyzing your statement, but I want to make sure there isn't any confusion.) The World's Hungriest Paperweight 16:48, 8 July 2011 (CDT)
- Right, what you meant. Separate lists for each class of equipment that lists all of the items in that class, which appear in each game regardless of which game they first appeared in. Erik the Appreciator 18:40, 8 July 2011 (CDT)