A limerick from Erik
- On the chest of a barmaid at Vale
- Were tatooed the prices of ale,
- And on her behind,
- For the sake of the blind,
- Was the same information in Braille.
- Erik Jensen (Appreciate me here!) 20:28, 5 May 2007 (UTC)
A bit of trivia...
I'm sure we can find more trivia for Vale. For example, did you know that in the prologue version of Vale, none of the hidden items can be obtained, but all the bookcases are readable? Also, you can actually enter Jenna's house prior to its destruction and speak with Kyle and Jenna's Parents. One final little bit - Young Felix may have originally had a speaking role, because there's a portrait for him in the code! Rolina (talk) 20:29, 24 November 2012 (CST)
- I doubt the part about going through the house to speak to the ill-fated parents is any more worthy of a trivia spot than the part about how if you just start the game and go into the nearest house, an NPC makes a one-time appearance asking if you came to save him. Or that Young Garet joins you whether you approach him or try to walk past him. I bring that up because those are more like things that are available portions of the script that aren't really hidden to your typical players doing their typical play routines - it's likely that a variety of first-time players that had just started the game may go through that door and speak with the pier NPCs. The other two points you made are better because that's much more hidden and takes much more thorough investigation for "authorities" like us to find. Erik the Appreciator (talk) 21:29, 24 November 2012 (CST)
Dummied out dialogue
It appears that by chance, I have discovered dialogue that does not get used. I was browsing the script in Atrius's rom hacking tool and happened upon it.
The sets of dialogue that don't appear take place during the prologue, most likely in the plaza. I have attributed them to two different people.
Theoretical NPC #1 - Do you know what became of the boulder that fell from Mt. Aleph?
(I believe this is a yes/no question)
[Yes?] - What? It's falling toward the village? The elders are holding it back?!? They are the most powerful Psynergy Adepts in Vale.
[No?] - They said the Boulder would have to fall sometime... I just knew a storm like this would knock it loose!
Theoretical NPC #2 - Jenna asked me to help Felix. If I didn't have to use Psynergy, I'd help in an instant!
Refer to this topic - http://s9.zetaboards.com/The_Temple_of_Kraden/topic/7388804/1/ - for more details. Kyarorain (talk) 01:25, 16 May 2013 (CDT)
- Fascinating that we're still able to find things like that in a technical sense. And I'm assuming this is a little bit of new information - the elders at Vale being its elders apparently correlates with being its strongest Psynergy users, and the townspeople at Vale had long been on edge about this boulder and how it could have fallen down fairly easily at any time. Should only be mentioned in trivia at the bottom because it's dummied out, though. Erik the Appreciator (talk) 12:21, 16 May 2013 (CDT)