|Japanese name||(レント Lent)|
Laurel (レント Lent) is a Waelda, a faerie tree that along with Tret is a guardian and lord of Kolima Forest. She is a kindred soul who gains a Psynergy-based power of far sight when the eruption of Mt. Aleph causes Psynergy Stones to land in her branches. She appears as an NPC physically located a short distance away from Tret near the centre of the forest. When the falling Psynergy Stones landed on her branches, her heart sank and she became very depressed. The reason for this was simple, the falling gems magnified her (and Tret's) emotions many times over. The effect on Tret was to launch him into an uncontrollable rage, which he directed at the lumberjacks of Kolima, while with Laurel it was to magnify her sadness at the loss of her younger kin (ie: the normal trees that had been felled for their timber).
 After Healing Tret's Curse
After Isaac's party defeats the enraged Tret and the heals the kind Tret, Laurel returns to normal and uses her powers to direct the party southwards, warning them of an evil forest that had sprouted up along their route.
 Thirty years laterGolden Sun: Dark Dawn. Laurel has a Venus Djinni, Pewter, acting as her emissary, though he has trouble remembering his manners. After Matthew's party defeats Sludge in the Phantasmal Bog, Laurel sends Pewter to the group to request that they come speak with her. After meeting Matthew's group, she thanks them for defeating Sludge. Laurel had been injured from Kolima Forest's move following the Golden Sun event, and thus lacked the power to defeat him herself. Laurel, along with Tret, gives Matthew's party the information they need about defeating the Mountain Roc as well as entering Belinsk fortress. In exchange, Laurel strictly tells the group not to activate the Alchemy Dynamo hidden in the fortress. She refuses to explain further, claiming that the information would only increase the risk that the Dynamo would be activated. After Matthew's party leaves, she sends Pewter to join them.
- Thirty years later:
- Karis: "You're...a...talking tree?"
- Laurel: "Ahem. I am usually referred to as a "holy tree." On my better days, even a "tree of wisdom."
- Laurel: "Do please raise your head, Amiti. I am no divinity, and the last thing I need is someone praying to me. I understand that to your relatively short-lived species, the Waelda can seem godlike. I also can see how from your point of view, a talking plant would be...novel. I prefer to think of us as beings whose long lives allow us to gather a share of the world's knowledge."
- Amiti: "I must respectfully disagree. The qualities you describe are the very essence of divinity."
- Pewter: "What part of "I'm not a god" do you not understand, fishbrain?"
- Laurel: "That's enough, Pewter."
- Laurel: "There is an Alchemy Dynamo in the ruins. You must not restore power to it."
- Karis: "How would we even do that?"
- Laurel: "If I told you, that would bring you one step closer to activating it, so I will not share that secret."
|GBA||Isaac Garet Ivan Mia | Felix Jenna Sheba Piers|
|DS||Matthew Karis Tyrell Rief Amiti Sveta Eoleo Himi|
|GBA|| Kyle Dora Saturos Menardi Alex The Wise One Kraden |
Babi Hammet Tret Hama Feizhi Dodonpa Briggs Karst
Agatio Susa Hydros Moapa Puelle
|DS|| Nowell Blados Chalis Arcanus Bogho Baghi Paithos |
King Wo Ryu Kou Hou Zan Laurel Vande Volechek
High Empyror Unan