The Apojii Islands (ガラパス島 Garapas Island) are a small island archipelago in the Eastern Sea, as well as a village of the same name. It is one of several locations in Golden Sun: The Lost Age that become available once Felix's party sets sail on Piers' boat, and so it does not have to be visited at a predetermined point in the game.
Though the overworld map shows there to be many islands in the Apojii archipelago, only two can be visited: the northern one, which contains the village of the same name, and the southern (called Aqua Island), home to Aqua Rock. The islands rest on the edge of Gaia Falls, making it the easternmost location in Weyard. Unlike Prox, the residents of Apojii have little idea of the danger they are in.
|Monster Name||LVL||HP||ATK||DEF||AGI||EXP||Coins||Weakness||Drop||Drop Rate|
|Alec Goblin||22||147||190||48||91||126||146||Smoke Bomb||1/32|
|Death Cap||22||117||159||19||90||48||56||Sleep Bomb||1/32|
|Dire Wolf||22||155||186||44||101||118||114||Weasel's Claw||1/32|
|Ghost Mage||22||161||168||43||86||80||110||Bramble Seed||1/16|
|Numb Ant||22||101||172||57||91||111||111||Bramble Seed||1/32|
- Group 1: Mad Vermin x1, Dire Wolf x0-1
- Group 2: Numb Ant x1, Death Cap x0-2
- Group 3: Dire Wolf x1-2
- Group 4: Dire Wolf x1, Numb Ant x0-2
- Group 5: Alec Goblin x1, Ravager x0-1
- Group 6: Alec Goblin x1, Dire Wolf x0-2
- Group 7: Ghost Mage x1, Undead x0-1
- Group 8: Undead x1, Numb Ant x0-2
There are two areas to Apojii Islands. The first area is the village itself, the second is alongside Gaia Falls, with nothing to find except a Bramble Seed and the Jupiter Djinni Haze (Haze cannot be reached without the Sand Psynergy). A river winds through the village, and in the center is a large blue teardrop-shaped rock called the Aqua Stone. A tradition in the village has men swim to Aqua Island when they come of age. Several villagers are curious about Aqua Rock and the moai statues that protect it and, as they suggest, the Aqua Stone is the key to Aqua Rock. By casting Douse on the Aqua Stone, the moai at the entrance to Aqua Rock move out of the way, allowing the party to explore Aqua Rock.
The village's inn is the first building encountered upon entering the village and costs 14 coins per Adept.
|Shops of Apojii Islands|
|Great Sword||Long Sword||7000||Attack +90|
|Dragon Axe||Axe||10300||Attack +100, Unleashes Heat Mirage|
|Angelic Ankh||Staff||6400||Attack +83, Unleashes Life Leech|
|Armored Shell||Armor||3600||Defense +30|
|Knight's Shield||Shield||3000||Defense +28|
|Steel Helm||Helm||3100||Defense +27|
|Guardian Circlet||Circlet||3400||Defense +25|
|Herb||Consumable Item||10||Restore 50 HP to one Adept|
|Nut||Consumable Item||200||Restore 200 HP to one Adept|
|Antidote||Consumable Item||20||Cures Poison and Venom from one Adept|
|Elixir||Consumable Item||30||Removes Stun, Sleep, and Delusion from one Adept|
|Sacred Feather||Consumable Item||70||Temporarily lowers monster encounter rate|
|Water of Life||Consumable Item||3000||Revives a fallen Adept|
- Bramble Seed: Found by using Cyclone on the easternmost weeds in the second area.
- 32 Coins: Found in a hut in the upper right part of the first area.
- 182 Coins: Found in a jar to the left of the lower left house.
- Herb: Found by using Cyclone on the weeds south of the Aqua Stone and north of the river.
- Mint: Found by using Cyclone on the lower right weeds in the first area (near the entrance to the second area).
Real World Inspirations
Geographically, the Apojii Islands are the Weyard equivalent of the Galápagos Islands. The islands' Japanese name, Garapas, is further evidence of this connection. Seemingly, the world was cut just west of South America when modifying it into a flat planet for the sake of the series' map.
- The girl running the shop mentions a place called Garapas. This is a translation error: Garapas is the Japanese name for Apojii, and is presumably derived from the name of the Galapagos Islands.
- Despite being near Aqua Rock, no one in Apojii seems to possess Psynergy. Like Kibombo though, there is a tradition of journeying to Aqua Rock as a coming-of-age ceremony.
|Vale • Vault • Bilibin • Kolima • Imil • Xian • Altin • Kalay • Tolbi • Lunpa • Suhalla • Lalivero|
|Golden Sun: The Lost Age|
|Daila • Madra • Alhafra • Garoh • Mikasalla • Naribwe • Kibombo • Yallam • Apojii Islands • Izumo • Champa • Lemuria • Shaman Village • Contigo • Loho • Prox|
|Golden Sun: Dark Dawn|
|Lookout Cabin • Patcher's Place • Carver's Camp • Harapa • Passaj • Kaocho • Ayuthay • Te Rya Village • Belinsk • Border Town • Port Rago • Saha Town • Kolima Village • Harun Village • Yamata City • Tonfon • Champa Camp (and Champa)|
|Landmasses of Weyard|
|Angara • Atteka • Gondowan • Hesperia • Indra • Lemuria • Northern Reaches • Osenia • Tundaria|
|Atteka Inlet • E Tundaria Islet • N Osenia Islet • SE Angara Islet • Sea of Time Islet • SW Atteka Islet • West Indra Islet • Treasure Isle • Apojii Islands|