An Adept will have the most power with their innate element, and lesser power with the other elements, though they will only be as ineffective in using the element that is the polar opposite of their innate element as they would be in using the other two elements. An Adept with no Djinn set and no power-increasing items equipped will have 104 power in their innate element, 78 power in their neutral element (Mercury-Venus and Jupiter-Mars), 77 power in their opposed element (Mercury-Mars and Jupiter-Venus), and 76 power in their symbiotic element (Mercury-Jupiter and Venus-Mars). The maximum Power or Resistance of any element on any character or monster is 200.
Elemental Power works as a percentage multiplier on Element-based attacks (such as Psynergy). Offensive Elemental Psynergy that has base power values like Quake Psynergy series, Elemental Physical Attacks that deal otherwise normal physical attacks like Ragnarok, and curative Psynergy like Cure Well all have their own formulae for how strongly the user's Elemental Power affects their damage outputs - and the Resistance of the target is a part of the formulae for the effects that are not curative. These are described in detail below:
- For an Elemental Power offense like a Psynergy or a Summon, suppose the user casts Mother Gaia, a Venus-aligned Psynergy spell with 100 base power, against a single target. If the user's Venus Power and the target's Venus Resistance are equal, Mother Gaia will do 100 - 103 damage (all attacks randomly add anywhere between zero and three damage points to the total result). If the user has 30 more Venus Power than the target's Venus Resistance, this value of 30 is divided by 200 to make 0.15, and 1 is added to make 1.15. The damage that the spell would do is multiplied by this 1.15, so Mother Gaia would do 115 - 118 damage. In theory, if the user has the maximum of 200 Venus Power and the target has the minimum 0 Venus Resistance, the damage result of Mother Gaia is doubled, dealing 200 - 203 damage where it would have done 100 - 103 damage otherwise.
- For healing Psynergies, the associative Elemental Power is divided by 100 (converted into a multiplier) and multiplied by the base power of the psynergy. An Elemental Power less than 100 would decrease the output, while being greater than 100 would increase it. As an example, with Cure Well having a base power of 150, a user casting with 77 Venus Power would only effectively heal 77% as much as a 100 Venus Power user's 150 HP. With 200 Venus Power, Cure Well would double its output to 300 - 303 HP.
- For an elemental physical attack like the Ragnarok Psynergy, a typical weapon Unleash, or a Pure-Element weapon like Gaia Blade hitting the enemy without Unleashing, suppose the damage output is 200. If the user has 124 Venus Power and the target has 72 Venus Resistance, the difference between them, 52, is divided by 400 to make 0.13. 1 is added to this to make 1.13, and this is the multiplier that is applied to the damage of the attack, so that instead of 200 - 203 damage it deals 226 - 229 damage. By this formula, if the user has 20 more Venus Power to make 144, total damage would be 236 - 239. In theory, if the user has the maximum of 200 Venus Power and the enemy has 0 resistance, the 200 damage of the base attack would be increased to 300 - 303.
Ways to increase Elemental Power
- Using a Summon will increase that character's Elemental Power.
Such increases are generally in the same element as the djinn required for the summon, with greater increases correlating to greater numbers of djinn.
- Set a Djinn. It will raise the power of the Adept by 5 in that element, regardless of class.
- Equip Equipment that increases Elemental Power; a list of items that increase Elemental power can be found here for Mercury, here for Venus, here for Mars, and here for Jupiter.
Ways to decrease Elemental Power
There are no known ways to decrease Elemental Power, however it should be noted that the Break Psynergy will eliminate all bonuses any affected Adepts have received from Summoning or any stat-boosting Psynergy/Djinn in battle.
|Gameplay mechanics and modes|
|Mechanics:||Battle • Bosses • Monsters • Statistics • Status Conditions • Vendors • General Concepts|
|Modes:||Battle Mode • Easy Mode • Encyclopedia • Hard Mode|
|Miscellaneous:||Debug Rooms • Music • Password System • Troubleshooting (GBA) • Troubleshooting (DD)|