Golden Sun Universe:Simplified Ruleset
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, is the largest and most successful wiki. This page lists some of the overarching guidelines that have helped make Wikipedia a success. As an Adept, We hope you will consider them while at GSU.
- Be BOLD in updating pages! Go ahead, it's a wiki! No mistake can break GSU, because any edit can be undone. Encourage others, including those who disagree with you, to likewise be bold! If you find yourself disagreeing with someone's boldness or they with yours, discuss it on the talk page.
- Be civil to other users at all times. Don't blatantly attack another user, It just isn't nice.
- Ask for help We all want for GSU to be the best it can be, So we are all willing to help!
- When in doubt, take it to the talk page. We have all the time in the world. Respect and Understanding are two of the most important principles when working on this wiki. Although everyone knows that their writing may be edited mercilessly, it is easier to accept changes if the reasons for them are understood. If you discuss changes on the article's talk (or discussion) page before you make them, you should reach consensus faster and happier.
- Use clear edit summaries: straightforward, transparent explanations are greatly appreciated. Other editors need to understand your thinking, and edit summaries also help you understand what you did after a leave of absence or a complex series of changes. Please state what you changed and why. If the explanation is too long, use the Talk page to add details. Since anyone can edit articles, even without registering, there are a lot of changes to watch; good edit summaries simplify things for everyone.
- Assume good faith; in other words, try to consider the person on the other end of the discussion is a thinking, rational being who is trying to positively contribute to the project — unless, and only unless, you have firm, solid, and objective proof to the contrary. Merely disagreeing with you is no such proof.
- Particularly, don't revert good faith edits. Reverting is a little too powerful sometimes. Don't succumb to the temptation, unless you're reverting very obvious vandalism (like "LALALALAL*&*@#@THIS_SUX0RZ", or someone changing "1+2=3" to "1+2=17"). If you really can't stand something, revert once, with an edit summary something like "(rv) I disagree strongly, I'll explain why in talk." and immediately take it to talk.
- Be graceful: Be liberal in what you accept, be conservative in what you do. Try to accommodate other people's quirks the best you can, but try to be as polite, solid and straightforward as possible yourself.
- Sign your posts on talk pages using ~~~~ which gets replaced by your username and time stamp when you hit submit. But don't sign on main-space articles.
- Use the preview button; it prevents edit conflicts, and help prevent typos!
It's important to enjoy your time as an Adept here at GSU, but make sure others can too!
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Wikipedia:Simplified Ruleset. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Golden Sun Universe, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported Licence.|